Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, and state-of-the-art dental care. We understand that you, or your child, may feel anxious about visiting the dentist; you are not alone, and our practice puts forth an extra effort to make sure that you are comfortable and happy every time you visit our practice. We are sensitive to your needs as a patient; you can always count on receiving individual attention from our doctor and staff.
Your first visit is all about you your comfort, your happiness, and your dental health.
During your first visit to our office, you can expect:
- A review of your complete dental and medical history forms.
- Complete X-rays of your teeth and mouth.
- A cleaning by one of our 3 hygienists, which includes an exam to make sure your teeth and gums are healthy, as well as checking for any cavities or early signs of tooth decay. The hygienist will also polish your teeth after the cleaning.
- Once Dr. Petronio has reviewed your dental and medical health history forms, she will do a thorough dental exam. Afterwards Dr. Petronio will provide you with a dental consultation and information about any additional dental treatments you, or your child, may need. During this time Dr. Petronio will answer any questions you may have.
- Bring your smile; but also remember to bring these things with you to your first dental appointment:
- Your completed Health History Forms
- Your insurance card if you have dental insurance
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining your healthy smile!
No matter what your age, visiting the dentist on a regular basis will help keep your teeth and gums healthy, and your smile bright!
The American Dental Association recommends that you, and your child, visit the dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings; and, we would love to see you here every six months to make sure that your smile is staying healthy! If you have periodontal concerns we may need to see you more often. The doctors and hygienists will make a custom schedule to ensure that we keep your teeth as healthy as possible
We understand that you have a busy schedule, so while we like to make sure your appointments are informative, we also like to make sure they don't stop you from doing the things you love! When preparing to visit the dentist, please know that your appointment can last from 40 to 60 minutes for an established patient, and up to 2 hours on your first visit.
When it's time for your next dental appointment, please call (716) 652-0190, and our friendly office staff will be ready to help you schedule an appointment.
Dr. Petronio and her staff welcome any questions you may have and they are always available to listen to your concerns.